1 medium size onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped / crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil
500g lean beef
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
400g chopped tin tomatoes
400g can red kidney beans, drained
Handful fresh coriander / 4 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
1 tablespoon tomato purée
Salt and pepper
1. In a pan add the cooking oil, place over a medium heat until hot
2. Add the onions, fry for 3-5 minutes until softened , then add the garlic, beef and cook for an extra 5mins.
3. Add the cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, then the tomato purée before stirring in the tomatoes, cook for an extra 5 mins, continuously stirring.
3. Add the kidney beans and season to taste
4. Cover and cook on low heat for 25- 30 mins, then sprinkle the coriander, cover again for a few minutes before serving with your wraps.
I served my beef chilli on wholemeal wraps, with a salad and Greek yoghurt “yummy”