* 1 stick of leek chopped
* 2 sticks of celery chopped
* 2 medium onions.
* 3 carrots.
* 2 Handful chopped mushrooms
* 1 green pepper
* 500g halved baby potatoes
* 750 g diced lean stewing beef.
* 1 beef stock and 1 vegetable stock
* 1 large glass of red wine
* 2 heaped tablespoon plain flour.
* 1x 400 g plum tomatoes.
* Chipotle chilli flakes
* Tobacco Habanero sauce added to taste (Hubby used 12 drops)
* 1 Tsp garlic salt
* Pinch herbs de provence
1. In a wok (pan of choice) brown onions with 2 tablespoons (at least) of olive oil.
2. Add the floured beer, all vegetables and the halved baby potatoes
3. Then add your tin of tomatoes with all the spices
4. Transfer to a casserole pan and add the stock bring to the boil and simmer.
5. Then pour in the red wine and give it a good stir, then season with a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
6. Put the lid on and either simmer slowly on the hob for 2-3 hours or place in the oven for up to 3 hours, or until the meat falls apart easily.
We enjoyed this with some buttered whole meal bread.
You can minus the red wine, find a reduced salt stock and also use sweet potatoes instead of baby potatoes, if you want to reduce those calories a bit more.
Still healthier than ready packaged meals if you ask me 😋😊
Portion control is also important.
Always remember everything in moderation 😊