* 1 banana peeled and cut in half
* 27 g of oats
* 3 tablespoons dairy free yoghurt or natural/ Greek Yoghurt
* 150ml of semi-skimmed milk or dairy-free milk (ok I have had to twig this to 200mls as I found it too thick)
* 1 tbsp almond butter
* 1 tbsp chia seeds
* ½ tsp cinnamon (optional)
Put all the ingredients in a blender and whizz together for a good few minutes and enjoy.
*tip – I put the chia seeds and almond butter last, to stop them from sticking at the bottom
Benefit of post workout fuelling is that it helps the body recover by fuelling those muscles to reduce muscle soreness, helps the body build muscle. Remember you need to function the next day to look after those babies, therefore post workout fuelling by combining good sources of proteins and carbohydrates (fiber) intake, will help to boost the immune function and also the ability to utilize body fat for energy.
* Chia seeds are a great source of Protein and also rich in antioxidants vital for a healthy immune function.
* Oats are a good source of carbohydrates and fiber, they also contain more protein and fat than most grains. Oats are loaded with important vitamins, minerals and antioxidant plant compounds.
* Almond butter is slightly healthier than peanut butter because it has more vitamins, minerals, and fiber, however they both are roughly equal in calories and sugar and peanut butter contains more protein.